Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Random Eddie Thoughts

By Michael Haas

I was glad to see Eddie Guardado back in a Twins uniform this week. In his first appearance, he took care of business by shutting down the Mariners in the (ghoulish voice) 8th inning. Everday Eddie is a seemingly quick and easy solution to a big problem. Kudos, Bill Smith.

However, I'm not looking forward to Bert and the others who call Eddie, "Ger-Dard-oh"
It's pronounced, "Gore-Dodd-oh"

How far can we run with the Guardado for Hamburger thing?

Smith to Rangers: Would You Like Fries With That?

We could go all day. But the whole Hamburger thing is bit over-done at this point.

But seriously folks, Mark Hamburger does have a very interesting story. He's a Minnesota kid who competed in an open tryout with over one hundred other dreamers and got a contract. Check out the SethSpeaks interview with him, it's a good read.

What was you favorite Mike Lamb moment? I probably won't remember him for anything but his salt n pepper beard. But it's a bit shitty how Gardenhire kicked him on his way out the door by saying, "The energy level was not what we expected"

11 comments:

Daymonster said...

Yeah, I felt bad for Lamb. Even though I wasn't sad to see him leave, I do kind of feel like he wasn't given a very good chance to succeed.

Daymonster said...

"I would rather play for the Twins more than any other team in the Major League and I thank God that I get this amazing opportunity." - Mark Hamburger

soup said...

I was really big on Lamb when we got him, but he turned out to be a poor man's Brian Buscher. An interesting Mike Lamb stat I found: He has the fewest eyebrows of all AL third-basemen (1).

Daymonster said...

But he leads all of the majors in volume of eyebrow hair and length of eyebrow. Thats the eyebrow triple crown.

Holmer said...

"I feel old, but I feel good."

Being the journeyman he is, Eddie will mentor Guerrier and Crain back to their old selves.

Watch out Joe! You could lose your ninth inning.

"SUP Minnesota!"
-Eddie (arriving at Safeco)HAHA

brex said...

haha, Ger-dard-oh. I hate that too. I also hate when he says She-cago. It's Chi-cago Bert, you annoy me.

bizmarkie507 said...

Nothing annoys me more than they way he says Konerko. God he sounds like a damn fool every time he says his name.

bizmarkie507 said...

paul kinurkoh.

Damn you Bert

TwinsWin83 said...

I too kinda feel after his initial slump to start the season Lamb never got a chance to get going again. After they yanked him he never got any kind of regular plate appearances, and its hard to find your groove when you bat 3 times a week.

You think people at the dome will start chanting "Edd-ie, Edd-ie, Edd-ie" when he comes into games again? Even though hes not a closer anymore?

I too think he will be a good mentor for some of the younger pitchers. Eddie has kinda become famous for that in his last two stops- with Putz in Seattle and CJ Wilson in Texas.

WV said...

Not to be a dick, but it's actually Gwar-dah-doh. Watch out for those dipthongs.

soup said...

Actually its GWAR dah doh