Friday, October 12, 2007

Gilbert Arenas Cheats at Halo

By Daymonster

[Disclaimer: This article was written for an audience that is familiar with the Halo games and Xbox Live. I try to explain as much as possible to the lay person.]

In an age when sports and controversy have gone hand-in-hand, it seems like the sanctity of video games would be spared. However, Wizard's Guard Gilbert Arenas has disturbed this peace and his reputation cold be forever tarnished.

Apparently Agent Zero has been making custom and social games with dummy Xbox Live accounts and racking up massive amounts of kills to raise his experience points. [Custom and Social games are different from ranked games in that you can choose the people you play against]

He even admits to it.

Reporter: "Gilbert, people say you're cheating at Halo 3."
Gil: "I'm cheating? How am I cheating?"
Reporter: "Are you creating dummy games with two fake friends and using the wins to rack up experience points?"
Gil: "Yeah," he said, laughing. "Yeah."

Check out his service record here. [This is where Bungie, the creators of the Halo series, keeps track of everything you do while in the video game]

This is the same guy that personally sponsors team FINAL BOSS in the MLG (Major League Gaming) league. Seems kind of like he would rather be a professional gamer than a basketball all star.

The real question is, will this forever change our views of Arenas. When his NBA career ends, and he faces possible induction to the Hall of Fame, will his Xbox controller be branded with an asterisk?

As for his gaming set up? I thought for sure he would have a wireless controller.

5 comments:

Daymonster said...

Sorry about this, I posted a similar post on another blog, and had no intention of posting it on AH!, but it was 4pm with no article so I felt something had to go up.

brex said...

haha, no I like it. it makes me laugh and I know nothing about Halo. good post.

haasertime said...

asterisk.

if he cheats at halo, why wouldn't he cheat at basketball?

bizmarkie507 said...

I played halo 3 for the first time yesterday.

18 kills and a +14 ratio in my first ever big team battle....yep, yep, yep, I rule.

Daymonster said...

were you playing online? what is your live screenname?