Friday, October 5, 2007

The Future of Military Armor

Troy Hurtubise is a Canadian inventor. He is probably most famous (I use the term famous very loosely) for his suit that can withstand the attacks from grizzly bears. He has now focused his efforts on making a suit to help protect military personnel overseas.

Here he is demonstrating the "Trojan Armor" (get it, his name is Troy) he has developed.



The armor is made from high-impact plastic lined with ceramic bullet protection over ballistic foam. The Trojan suit also features storage for morphine, salt, a knife, and emergency light. Plus, a recording device, pepper-spray gun, and detachable (and swallow able) transponder are built into the forearms. There's also an in-suit fresh-air system, drinking tube (attached to Camel Pack type device), head mounted laser pointer, and some hip LED face lights. But my favorite device is the crotch mounted clock.

For some reason this reminds me of a sweet combination of RoboCop and Master Chief (from the Halo Series).

What do you guys think? Tony as a All-Star in the armed forces could you dominate in this suit?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This shit just looks rediculous. But as long as its lighter than the Interceptor Armor we have now I would all for it. My vest weighs a bit shy of 40 pounds, and it doesn't have a crotch watch. So, hell yeah, bring it on over here.

Daymonster said...

my favorite moment is at 3:45, when he dual wields his pistols and jumps into the snow bank. I realize this was a ridiculous post, but nothing was up and I felt something needed to be posted.

bizmarkie507 said...

speaking of master chief, has anyone played halo 3 yet? all the trailers and leaks i've seen on youtube are making me want to buy a 360.

Daymonster said...

biz,

I bought a 360 and Halo 3 on midnight the day it came out. It is easily my top 3 games of all time. I was thinking of putting a review together for it, but I felt no one would care (like my military armor piece). But you have inspired me, look for the review soon.