Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Pitch in for Pat


Minnesota Twins reliever Pat Neshek is one of five American League players on the "final vote" ballot for election to the 2007 All-Star game in San Fransisco. The Minnesota native, affectionately known as Sideshow Pat, has been one of the best relievers in all of baseball - In 39.1 innings pitched, he has allowed just six runs while striking out 47.

He is running against Jeremy Bonderman, Kelvim Escobar, Roy Halladay, and Hideki Okajima. Those guys all suck.

Pat Neshek has a blog. www.patneshek.com

On his blog, he makes a plea for votes, as well as a number of campaign promises:

WOW, how cool is getting nominated. I don't know what to say it's unreal to even think about. But man I need you guys to vote, vote and vote, http://www.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2007/fv/ballot.html it's unlimited voting...tell everyone you know and come together and get creative we have like 5 days or something! We need everyone, all Minnesotan's, all graphers, fans of baseball and yes everyone in Yankee Nation ( and we know why!) I seriously would like to promise everyone All Star balls or jerseys for voting but it might be a stretch...I will promise this, if you guys can get me in I will write about everything that goes on... multiple updates each day letting everyone know what the heck goes on behind closed doors, I will always inscribe anything with All Star 07...dont even have to ask, I will try my best to get lots of giveaways and give them away on here and if I get an extra jersey like they did last year I will give it away in a contest not an auction. I don't know what else to say it would be the greatest feeling in the world to be voted in by you guys. Please tell everyone to vote multiple times:)

Seems like a stand-up guy to me. He is man enough to ask people to help him achieve a goal, and he is man enough to use a smiley face at the end.

UPDATE

Here is the Official AH! Neshek Campaign poster. Feel fre
e to print off as many as you would like and place them at work, church or around your neighborhood. Click the image for the full size version. (to print, you may have to click 'shrink to page width' or 'scale to one page' or something like that)




11 comments:

Daymonster said...

you can vote with text messages. Just send "A4" to 36197. It's free except for any charges your provider has for texts. If you have unlimited than you can vote unlimited times.

Daymonster said...

they are talking shit about pat in boston. http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=1009395

haasertime said...

"On a couple interviews today people asked me why they should vote for me and I basically told them a couple things. I really don't know how to describe this but I'm the fan/collector/guy that somehow managed to get to the big leagues. I seriously wake up each day and can't believe how I got here and am thankful to even touch the uniform! Basically if I wasn't playing baseball right now I would probably be the guy who was coming home from work and planning a night around baseball…planning what games to go to, which minor league teams to get autographs at, which guy to take on my fantasy team and which guy to trade in MLB The Show…heck this is what I do in the off-season, no lie! Basically I'm a fan of baseball, if your team wasn't represented in this final 5 Vote I would love to represent you and all the fans of the game. I can tell you right now that nobody in the world, no other player would appreciate this more than me. So if you want somebody that is a fan of the game, a guy just like you, a guy that would probably pass out if elected to the ALL STAR game then you can help me out by voting here! "

TwinsWin83 said...

Im not gonna lie Im a huge Neshek fan and Im not sure anyone on that list of 5 deserves to be an All-Star more but Im not particularly a fan of the way hes begging to get people to vote for him. It kind of makes him look desperate. He's good enough to be an All-Star and his numbers are right up there with the best so he should be able to sit back and enjoy being named to such a select group, whether he gets voted in or not. He has a team and a state that are famous for getting behind and campaigning for their own (how many Santana for Cy Young and Morneau for MVP buttons or KG for MVP tshirts do you have?). That being said, I've voted over 100 times.

brex said...

HAHA, sideshow pat. What a dork. I hope he wins.

bizmarkie507 said...

You know what would make this final vote thing 10 times more fun, and would be easy to do?
Ban Yankee, Red Sox, and Mets players from being part of the final vote.

bizmarkie507 said...

oh what a surpise, i just went to mlb.com and it said that okijima from boston is in first place for votes right now. God I loath the Red Sox with everyone ounce of mass in my body.

TwinsWin83 said...

well the worst part is he doesnt just have the mass amount of Red Sox nation voting for him, Japan is also allowed to vote. Which in itself is of the utmost rediculousness. If they dont live here they shouldnt be able to vote for our all-stars.

soup said...

I think it's only fair that Japan gets to vote in our all star game, because I always vote over and over for my favorite players in Japan to make it to their all star game.

Anonymous said...

should we let Canadians vote? they don't stuff the ballot box for morneau and jesse crain and eric gagne and eric hinske and corey koskie. they just dont care as much as the japanese.

those fellows across the pacific shouldnt be punished for being good baseball fans.

with that said, it sucks that ichiro and this guy from the red sox get lotsa votes.

it sucks for us.

bizmarkie507 said...

I still wish they would do away with fan voting all together. NHL, NBA, NFL don't have fans voting online 25 times each. Why can't baseball go back to doing it like all the other sports.