Tuesday, July 17, 2007

July is National Ice Cream Month

By Josh Holm

Since I was a child, I loved nothing more than ice cream. My father passed down some type of addiction to the frozen treats that come in many assorted shapes, sizes, forms, and flavors. When I was young I longed for the melting of the delicious cream that dissolves so sweetly on every taste bud on my tongue, coating my mouth with a sensation of heaven.

Now, when I enter a gas station, I immediately turn my attention to the novelty chest that usually sits somewhere next to the checkout counter. As I approach the endless options of frozen treats, a sense of panic overcomes me, knowing that in the next few moments I will have to make an impossible decision.

Deciding between the"Big Bopper", the "Nestle Sundae Cone", the "Snickers Ice Cream Bar", the "Choco Taco", "Twix ice cream bar", "Dove Bar", and the ever popular "Klondike Bar" is just too much for me.

My instincts tell me to stick to the sundae cone, but as I look to the combination of waffle, chocolate, and vanilla ice cream in the shape of a taco, with a light sprinkle of peanuts on top, I know that I will not be disappointed. I reach for the "Choco Taco", and I start for the checkout counter. Then I remember how amazing the "Snickers Ice Cream bar" is, and I quickly go back to grab one..... :)

7 comments:

Daymonster said...

"I longed for the melting of the delicious cream that dissolves so sweetly on every taste bud on my tongue, coating my mouth with a sensation of heaven."

haasertime said...

hahahahha.

i love how 23 year old modern day, writing eloquently holm can channel little fat kid ice cream orgasm holm.

Jeff said...

Holm you have to try the "Half Baked" ice cream flavor by Ben and Jerrys it will change your life for the better. Bits of brownie and cookie dough mixed in.

Daymonster said...

Also, on the note of Chaco Taco. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I swear the first Chaco Taco I had was a lot bigger and more carefully made, that the more recent taco's I have purchased. Was this just because I am bigger (and fatter now) or did the Taco's really get smaller?

Holmer said...

what can i say? i have a thing for ice-scream

Holmer said...

jeff. i immediately went out to my local super america and got some half baked. it was to die for. i'll definetly get it again.

Anonymous said...

I must admit I always have to go for the Snickers Ice Cream Bar. Absolutely delicious. I really miss being able choose what delectible treat I get to enjoy. The ice cream bars they have here are usually soggy and gross, like a shitty schwanns treat.