Friday, July 13, 2007

Cribs: Poor - Twenty - Something - Baseball - Fan - With - No - Taste Edition

By Tim Rahn

Recently I signed a lease for a pretty sweet house with some other buds in up-town. I will have my own bedroom for the first time since leaving my parents nest. I started thinking about how to decorate my new room (top ten gayest sentences I have ever written). I was thinking of going with an awkwardly- transitioning- into- adulthood theme throughout the room.

I went to Allposters.com and began my hunt for fine wall décor. I bought five Scarface posters and one poster of frat guys doing a keg stand with “Teamwork” written on the bottom. Joking. It’s really cheesy but I’m thinking about going with black and white photos of baseball Americana. I am aware of the cheesy..isity…ness of it, but it’s my room dammit!


Here are the options I'm looking at:

Bob Thompson after hitting, “The Shot Heard Around the World”


Honus Wagner


Jackie Robinson’s first major league game with
Spider Jorgenson, Pee Wee Reese, and Ed Stankey


The Iron Man’s luckiest man alive speech



If I was going for a washed-up-former-twins motif I would order these 8x10 photos for $1.98 a piece.


I can’t stop laughing at the Joe Mays picture. I would love to be getting busy with a bikini babe in my room while knowing that Joe Mays is watching.


Regardless of the posters I choose, there is always going to be wall space for my Bugs Bunny Space Jam Magic Eye poster.

Can you guys not tell anyone that I wrote a blog entry about interior decorating?

…I am going to work on my car and pump some iron now.

10 comments:

Daymonster said...

My vote would be for the Bob Thompson poster, its really a two-for-one cause you got Jackie in the foreground.

Although, on second thought, i like the former-shitty-twins-players idea. What about a huge wall covering of Dustin Mohr right above your bed? I know a guy.

krysumn said...

I have to say that I laughed my ass off at the idea of the former Twins players. I love it. You also need Bobby Kielty with his wild red hair.

krysumn said...

Oh, and Kyle Lohse with his mini-goatee

soup said...

There is also a 8x10 David Ortiz as a Minnesota Twin on Allposters.com, but he was not $1.98. I guess there is still a big demand for Bad Knees Ortiz.

Holmer said...

Please tell me that you didn't throw out the 42" plythons "Brother".

And how could you forget Guzman?

Definetly stick to the black and white baseball though. I can't wait to visit your new hole in the wall.

TwinsWin83 said...

I like the old black and white baseball posters idea. My dream is to one day have a sweet basement/game room with leather couches, big screen tv and pool table all decorated with baseball memorabilia and old black and white posters of classic baseball. As much as I hate the Yankees Ive always like the shot of Roger Maris, the cather and umpire all standing and watching the ball after Maris swung and hit his 61st home run. The one with Babe Ruth standing with his head down and hat off after his last game in a Yankee uniform is a good one too.

soup said...

I found my hate for the yankees clouding much of my judgement for good photographs. The two that you mentioned are really good. I also like the DiMagio "swing" one where he's all twisted around. If I had more than one print with a Yankee, however, I would feel like a Yankee fan.

Stupid yankees...always being a big part of baseball history.

Anonymous said...

It just wouldn't be a "washed up twins wall" with out: Scott Stahoviak, Rich Becker, and the 1995 Rookie of the Year Marty Cordova.

bizmarkie507 said...

hahah, a marty cordova rookie of the year poster would make you beyond sweet.

I really need a doug mientkiewicz poster. Doug is my favorite twins player of all time.

bizmarkie507 said...

doug mientkiewicz oils and aligns my gears.