Monday, January 7, 2008

Beef Stroganoff

By M. Haas

Things sure are boring on the internet right now. I have nothing to say particularly. Football is boring, the Timberwolves suck, elections are no fun and Santana is still a Twin. I can't wait for baseball season.

Baseball Season
here are some things I'm looking forward to:

The Twins play Torii Hunter and the Angels on opening day. I missed opening day at the Dome for the first time in like eight years, so I'll be excited to be back.

Hopefully I will see Shea Stadium and Yankee Stadium this season, before they get blown up. July sound good? And check out the renderings of their new stadiums. They look cool, but I feel the need to see those old ones.

I like everything about baseball season. Winter is a good time to generalize and romanticize how great baseball is. But I'm no poet, and I'm tired.

Other things around:

- Roger Clemens is really annoying. Howard Sinker over at Section 220 wrote a really good reaction to Clemens 60 minutes interview. Good commentary about him just posturing and suing for defamation just to avoid testifying before congress. It'll be fun to see how this all shakes out, if it ever shakes out. I can see McNamee cracking before Roger does.

- At Greet Machine, they're discussing Moneyball. If you haven't read that book, you should - I have it, you may borrow it. If you don't know, Moneyball is a book about Oakland Athletics GM Billy Beane and his novel approach to building a team using objective analysis. It's not as boring as it sounds. I agree with most of what they say, but it didn't exactly turn me into a SABRmetrician. And I hate the A's, and I've enjoyed reading articles that say stuff like, "maybe the playoffs aren't such a crapshoot after all" and, "Beane says struggling A's can do whatever they want, including bunt." I can't find that article, but I do remember him saying that at the beginning of the '04 or '05 season.

- What's a good band name? One that screams rock n' roll?

- Status updates on Facebook are stupid. My roomate Andy is reading some off to me right now, and half of them are just updating travel plans. Like we're all so interested in Mike's trip to Jerusalem in two weeks. (jk, love you Mike)

- And lastly, the new feature on Google maps is really cool. Click on 'streetview' and you get the view as if you were a 360 degree camera mounted on a car driving around the cities in August.

hahahaha





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As far as a cool band name, I'm a fan of 'Doomcicle' although I'm stealing that from Aqua Teen

Anonymous said...

Band Name....How about,

"I can beat up any girl in the entire world with one hand taped to my head and the other hand tied to my foot while singing and dancing to I got my Lip Gloss 'a' Poppin' " featuring Mike the Machete.

Tila is currently typing and has no upcoming travel plans

Anonymous said...

That Google Street View thing is amazing!