Friday, December 28, 2007

Checkin' In

By m. haas

My winter break schedule of drinking and sitting on couches has really thrown off the blogging schedule. Things will be sporadic at best until the 7th.

I like Bert Blyleven. There's a good discussion going on at espn.com today on his Hall of Fame resume.



Basically, it's one dude saying he was never an elite pitcher, and another dude saying look at the numbers besides win-loss. Personally, I think the Hall of Fame should be a very very exclusive club. But I'd still like to see him get in. It would be a fun speech.

Also, do yourself a favor and check out the Blyleven section on youtube

- I think it's funny how the general interest in the Purple since Sundays nationally televised loss has completely nose dived. I have heard nothing about them since then.

- The words, 'blog' and 'youtube' are ugly words.

- The worst blog post of the year was recently posted at Twincitynotes. I spoke with Krystal about it, and she said she has no idea who that author is, and she was under the impression that she was going to be the only writer on the site. So that's too bad. I wrote a nasty comment, but it didn't pass the censors. Booo.

2 comments:

Daymonster said...

I have been MIA for the last week and a half but I just checked the twinswebsite and they have a new title without torii, that's probably old but I thought it was sad/interesting. Joe Nathan has a big spot on the image now.

Jim H. said...

The great sportswiter and blogger Joe Poznanski had a recent post about why he thinks Blyleven has a much better Hall of Fame case than Jack Morris. An entertaining blog and a very compelling case for Mr. Blyleven.