Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Myspace or Facebook?

by Mark Waters

This is as original as a Country song about drinking in a local bar, but I can't think of anything else worth posting at the moment. Most people love facebook and hate myspace, while others feel the opposite. I suppose I'm in the minority since I like both equally. They have their own strengths and weaknesses, so hows about wes goes over them?

Myspace is great for finding unknown musicians and networking with strangers. The forums are also loaded with plenty of entertainment. Myspace sucks when it comes to advertisements and spammers trying to get you to click on their webcam sites and pyramid schemes. Trolls on messageboards are also a large problem.

Facebook is great for talking with your real life friends. Group titles make me laugh quite a bit and I enjoy tagging/getting tagged in embarassing photos from the bar the night before.

My Myspace friendslist consists of about 5% of people that I know in real life, while its the opposite percentage in facebook. The way I see it, it's redundant to belong to both if you're friendslist consist of the same people.

How does everyone here feel about the two? Myspace? Facebook? Both? I can't believe I wasted 2 minutes of my life reading this piece?


p.s. the pic of the day completely summed up one of the best nights of my life.

7 comments:

Daymonster said...

You ass, I just spent 2 hrs of my day writing a post. Then I post it, and your MySpace vs. Facebook crap comes up. Joking.

Good discussion piece. I am the type of person that prefers facebook by a mile. I cannot stand the fake friend requests, and I like how the format is all the same for everyone (I hate white lettering on pink sparkly pages).

The things I dont like about myspace are slowly coming to facebook. Also I don't like how people don't have their real names on facebook.

But I do like Buck1ne's page
http://www.myspace.com/buck1ne

Anonymous said...

your post hits the nail on the head.

i don't need to netowkr with musicians or strangers, and thats why i have facebook.

my myspace account consists of one friend and a completely blank page. i started it just so i could creep on peoples pictures when i see their pages listed places.

i have to laugh when i have new friend requests from girls named tina and britney.

TwinsWin83 said...

Boo MySpace. Yea Facebook.

bizmarkie507 said...

start making songs. myspace is alot better that way.

Holmer said...

Hands down, Facebook. Too many reasons to discuss.



Guest post from our friend Jake; "Get a job, you bums."

Pacifist Viking said...

I dislike each equally.

bizmarkie507 said...

with all these stupid apps accumulating such as top friend application, and adding music, along with advertisements that occasionally make noises, Facebook is getting closer and closer.